By importing demo content, you will recreate the demo site shown in live preview at Themeforest.
Many buyers find demo content very useful as it can serve as a starting point towards building your own site.
Due to licence terms and marketplace requirements, we are not allowed to redistribute some of the media (images, video). Instead, you will find grayed out placeholder images that function all the same. Then you can simply replace gray images with your own images.
What you need to do is follow the instructions that are taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. To import from a WordPress export file into your page follow these steps.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding.
- Go to Tools>Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the ‘Download and import file attachments’ box.
- Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. You will need assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets. This is a limitation of WordPress’ import system.
Links to all Demo Content
The demo content is located inside a ‘Demo Content’ folder. You must extract this archive on your computer and only upload the .xml file in WordPress.